Who says we can't be BOTH fierce warriors and skilled artists? The ancient Samurai warriors were and kids can be, too! Join us for Camp Japan, 2015. Explore the secrets of Samurai warriors and practice aikido, art, music, and more all in one summer camp focused on Japanese martial arts and culture!
Camp Japan is a unique day camp combining martial arts, art and culture and designed for kids aged 8-14. Taught by black belts, artists, musicians, professional educators and more, we offer hands-on experiences for all the five senses. Hosted at a state-of-the-art martial arts dojo, we also go on fun-filled field trips to local museums and parks. Campers bond in an immersive experience for the mind, body and heart, expanding their skills in creativity, fitness, coordination, self-defense, art, cooperation, leadership and focus.
Highlights from previous Camp Japan sessions include:
- Aikido open hand and weapons Training: bokken, jo, tanto
- Samurai Codes & Armor
- Taiko Drumming
- Japanese Block Printing
- Shibori indigo t-shirt dyeing
- Zen Meditation and Manga-reading downtime
- Sketching & Shinto-symbol searching in the Japanese Tea Garden
- Samurai armor and brush painting at the Asian Art Museum
- Manga-reading, games and anime downtime
Schedule for CAMP JAPAN:
June 22-26, 2015; 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Fees and Online Registration at this Link:
QUESTIONS? Contact: Daisy Colchie – email@example.com